What is Predictive maintenance and precision maintenance?
Predictive maintenance (yellow area on the diagram) is performed using sensors to understand the state of wear level of electromechanical equipment, while precision maintenance (green area on the diagram) involves acting to eliminate the causes of failures.
For example, it is worth running precision lubrication (7 on the diagram) on bearings (using ultrasound or vibration analysis) to avoid over-lubrication which will also soon damage the bearings.
What are the integrated systems?
- Selection and supply of appropriate equipment for assets (rotational and non-rotational) that you choose to monitor.
- Staff training at your facility. We also organize an annual, four-day LEVEL I Certified ultrasound course.
- Measurement - diagnosis and rehabilitation services if you so require.
What sensors / technologies do you apply?
- Vibration analysis.
- Electrical current analysis
- Analysis of engine liquids (refrigerants, lubricants, fuels).
- Conventional size measurements (pressure, temperature, current, speed, etc. with any 0-10V, 4-20mA sensor).
What diagnostic benefits can I get?
The areas of application covered are summarized:
- Detection of gas leaks.
- Electrical inspections (electrical panels and lines).
- Mechanical inspections (bearings, shaft systems, drive transmissions, covers sealing, lubrication, valves, steam systems)
- Thermodynamic analysis (reciprocating / rotating machines).
Is diagnostic maintenance involved in energy saving and hygiene and safety issues?
- Compressed air leaks cause significant financial costs.
- Also, hazardous / harming to the atmosphere gases and electrical malfunctions have a significant impact on hygiene, safety and environmental footprint.
- Mechanical and thermodynamic malfunctions are key factors in operating costs increase by reducing equipment availability. If we can diagnose early and correct malfunctions, we will increase profitability.
Is there anything more in your approach than we know to date?
- We have implemented an unprecedented experience of merging all the above available technologies into one platform and operating system.
- The ability to use portable devices and permanently installed sensors.
- The user has a complete picture of their equipment measurements on a screen.
- No longer separate software for each technology.
- There is also the possibility of visual inspection integration, as well as interconnection with Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) or Key Performance Indicator software (KPI’s) if you have.
Are you trading or producing (or both)?
Sensors and measuring devices
- We supply and support sensors and measuring devices of branded manufacturers.
Data acquisition devices
We manufacture the extremely simple and user-friendly (and from low-skilled staff)
portable data acquisition device WearDC®.
We use smartphone as a Human Machine Interface to guide the user,
including photos and instructions for performing measurements / inspections.
We can also incorporate a low-cost branded thermal camera into it.
Measurements / visual inspections can also be performed without the existence of
a wireless network. Once the device is connected to the network, all data uploads
to the platform.
We also manufacture the MAINTNODE® data acquisition device for permanent installations.
- We manufacture the extremely simple and user-friendly (and from low-skilled staff) portable data acquisition device WearDC®. We use smartphone as a Human Machine Interface to guide the user, including photos and instructions for performing measurements / inspections. We can also incorporate a low-cost branded thermal camera into it. Measurements / visual inspections can also be performed without the existence of a wireless network. Once the device is connected to the network, all data uploads to the platform.
What software do you use?
- We developed a cloud platform, MECHBASE® to store and process measurements.
- We incorporate intelligent statistical alarms to cover cases of speed changing and machine load.
- Alarms can be reported to any means at will.
- We can obtain data for platform integration from devices with known industrial protocols (MODBUS, OPC-UA)
What analysis capabilities are offered?
The diagnostic techniques used on the platform are based for standardization and interoperability purposes on international standards and open good practices. That is exactly what most of the diagnostic maintenance community uses. Their combination may cover all your needs.
We use multiple monitoring indicators on each equipment to assess the health
of the equipment targeting specific symptoms. Specifically, can be configured for each indicator:
- Order of integration (no integration, simple integration, double integrations).
- Value calculation method (RMS, Crest factor, Pk-Pk, True Peak, FFT bin).
- High-pass and low-pass filter.
- Averaging overlap.
- Range of harmonics if FFT bin was selected as the value calculation method.
Each monitoring indicator can have one or more alarm scenarios. Each scenario is based on the following elements:
- Upper / lower limit of major risk
- Upper / lower limit of moderate risk
If an indicator has more than one scenario, they can vary by load. This can be a measurable or non-measurable operating characteristic such as speed, pressure, current etc. When a measurement exceeds the limits of one or more monitoring indicators, the measurement is defined as a measurement with "High risk" or "Moderate risk" status.
- The selection of alarms is not always obvious for all equipment. That is why MECHBASE® has a tool for statistical alarms. Assuming that the equipment is in good general condition we take measurements for several days. Then we use the tool which automatically calculates the statistical standard deviation of the measurements (σ) and suggests alarms at 2σ for the "Moderate risk" limit and 3σ for the "Major risk" limit.
We are looking for a specific diagnostic technique. Can you help us?
In case there is a need to support a particular technique that you wish to apply, we can integrate it.
We have measuring devices (vibration pen, low-end ultrasound devices, tachometer, thermometers etc.) with optical output, we write data on paper and pass it in a spreadsheet. What can we do?
Use the devices you have. In conjunction with our proposed approach (instructions will be included on how to perform the measurements) in order to insert the measurements where they are performed. Once the smartphone is on a wireless network, all measurements are automatically available for monitoring on the platform.
We have invested in branded analysis equipment (vibration analyzer, hi-end ultrasound device, thermal camera etc.). What is the point in moving forward with the proposed approach?
The proposed approach has been developed based on trends that appear to dominate in the coming years, it is based on simplicity, speed, ease of use and integration of many diagnostic technologies into a single operating environment. You can set up a diagnostic maintenance plan as described above and use the equipment you already have for troubleshooting or even repairing difficult cases.
What opportunities are there for cooperating?
- For all our systems we offer installation of measurement points, training and installation for the permanently installed systems.
- For the portable systems we also provide a loan service.
- The software operates on the cloud, but it can also be installed on premise.
What about network / data security?
We are interested in the security of your network. Regarding the portable systems, the smartphone used for the measurements and their synchronization are not personal. They are part of the system. Those devices are from branded manufacturers, with the latest security updates and contains only our own software or affiliate tested software. This ensures that the device does not pose a risk to the rest of the network. Similar protocols are followed with our permanently installed systems. Their operating system contains the latest security updates and communicates only with our or your partner server (CMMS, ERP) when required. Upon request we can install a wireless network for application-only use or even implement a GSM solution.
Practically how can we see the application of the possibilities provided?
We visit you and show you all the possibilities in your equipment. Alternatively, we have designed a demonstration room in our facilities which includes a series of fixed assets (pumps, fans, compressors, electrical equipment, pneumatic system, steam boiler / steam traps) to enable realistic evaluation.